PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEM And the rumour of a proposed new redundancy rule
Old 15th Aug 2013, 15:26
Guest_22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I attended an NEM brief where redundancy was discussed.

Apparently there has always been the lever to make people redundant at any time and looking back there is an Armed Forces Redundancy Scheme (AFRS), it just changes over time (much like the pension) to adjust to current requirements (mass redundancies!) and has a different year of implementation at the end. It was briefed that this is a lever that is rarely, if ever, used within the RAF but not to the future use of redundancy.

As to PAS and the NEM, the new T's & C's of Service don't show PAS or a requirement for it with graduated lengths of offers to extend at certain points in your career, remaining on the general list. I was too slow at the brief to consider asking about it. If your exit date is after NEM implementation, even with an offer to transfer to PAS, PAS may not be available to transfer to so would be a busted flush. PAS would remain for those who transfer just prior to NEM implementation. As a caveat, that is my interpretation of the future manning T's & C's from the "cigarette" career/rank structure within the presentation but it is yet to be confirmed or denied.