View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2013, 12:18
Mr TRUCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr Swanwick TRUCE

I have permission from the kind moderator (PPRuNetowers) to post the following;

Swanwick TRUCE

TRaining for Unusual Circumstances and Emergencies

Commercial pilots are warmly welcomed to attend. The new season commences in September.

TRUCE sessions take place in the afternoon and are a licence requirement for all UK ATCOs. For Swanwick controllers there will be both classroom discussions and time in the simulator which is located at our corporate headquarters in Whiteley, Hampshire.

Over past years we have hosted many commercial pilots and all that I am aware of have commented how useful their attendance has been. For our ATCOs, they get to hear how commercial pilots deal with emergency situations first hand and pilots can gain a better understanding of what we do should they call PAN or MAYDAY. Expect to take part within the classroom discussions and the simulator exercises. We are also normally able to arrange an Operations Room visit before TRUCE commences

Sensible expenses can be claimed for those travelling from the London area or equivalent distance

I cannot over emphasise how useful having commercial pilots attend is for the participants!

If you think you might have a spare day, please personal message me so that I can send you more details. include an email address, brief details about you, who you fly for and what you fly. I can then arrange for more information to be sent out including the dates.