PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEM And the rumour of a proposed new redundancy rule
Old 15th Aug 2013, 12:16
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb NEM And the rumour of a proposed new redundancy rule

not been able to enjoy the delights of an NEM brief as i have been enjoying yhe delights abroad, and much of the guidance online (dii) seems to be focussing more on senior officers spinning dits about how this all is not supposedly a means of cutting personnel budgets.

I have been hearing nasty rumours that one of the proposals is effectively bringing us into line with civilian practice regarding compulsory redundancy. as someone who was considering PA until i heard this, can anyone positively confirm or deny that the introduction of a 12 month notice before statutory redundancy is being considered, outside of SDSR and the like?

i have seen a few comments on here along the lines of 'its done in the private sector so suck it up'.

if this is the case, I take it the employment relations act of 1999 is going to be modified to allow full access to private sector equivalent employment tribunals and legal rights to persue unfair dismissal then, to make sure someone up top doesnt make a bunch of us redundant just prior to a significant pensions point to save a few quid on pensions?

http://www.forcespensionsociety.org/...que-nature.pdf

i suggest anyone involved in making these changes have a good read of the above. i have heard the bell at manning has started to ring again. coincidence? possibly, but with all that is currently going on, the bale that broke the camels back springs to mind.

Last edited by VinRouge; 15th Aug 2013 at 12:23.