PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2013, 09:10
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aren't all of those Hainan destinations capitals?
Skipness: Sorry to be really picky, geographically they are not all capitals - Berne is the capital of Switzerland. For airlines though, ZRH is for sure the capital of Switzerland. I mentioned Hainan as the 787 would probably be a more suitable size of aircraft for a BHX - China route in the future than the 747/340/777's flown by other Chinese carriers. Agreed though, MAN would probably be their first regional UK choice

Nigel: I agree, I can't see an EK A380 (or QR) anytime soon at BHX, it is worrying that EK continue with only a 2 class service, this does not show any confidence in the premium market at BHX on a route that is now very well established. This must be something that other long haul airlines potentially looking at BHX have clocked.

china pattern - yes they would be a great add at BHX (it was recently rumoured but nothing so far has happened) What worries me is if the demand for flights to China from BHX is as strong as the airport claims would Finnair not already be capitalising on this from BHX given their excellent Far Eastern connections? I wonder how many people actually go to China from the BHX catchment either from LHR/LGW or from BHX via a European hub?