PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA interview Info
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2003, 22:52
CDRW

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
thegypsy says............. "but as Captain,s allowances are a few $$$$$ more than F/O,s safety and common sense go out of the window cos in SIA money comes before everything."

Well, Capts allowances are just a shade under double an F/O's - so just maybe it is economic sense.

Safety and common sense go out the window?? Not so sure about that - my last operator we could depart at night east bound, flog for a flying time of 10hrs + with a capt and f/o only. Do a 12 hr rest and come back again. Was that dangerous? Sure, you may have come from a previous airline where the policy was "gosh - it's an 8 hour flight - two captains required for this one old chap" then SQ will appear positively dangerous in their FTL's. Trouble is that most of those pampered airlines have gone tits up.

On a personal note, have been here just shy of two years and have paxed in all 3 classes - the Y sector was Sin-Icn - about 6 hrs and was more than comfortable, but can quite imagine that some of our more pampered boys feel it is their god given right to be seated in at least business or first and not sit with " the unwashed". "Heavens - sit in economy - brrr makes me shiver all over. ( only when I am paying for the ticket - tho)!!"

Bottom line - go and do the work and stop moaning - there are far far worse places. Look forward to the 13 cheque, the regular increment, the profit sharing and if occasionally you have to position just bloody do it.