PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 78 Sqn Chinook Crash (20 years ago)
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2013, 18:47
NutLoose

Received 2,943 Likes on 1,254 Posts
Thanks for that tucumseh,

I realise a lot of equipment would be user specific that is why I was suggesting spares such as transmission items, rotor blades, wheels, windscreens, doors, panels, uc legs etc, those items that are common to the majority of fleets but expensive and those items likely to be damaged.... For want of a better word it would be like a Boeing Vertol fwd supply depot paid for, operated and maintained by the Countries operating the aircraft in Europe or theater. That way you are reducing your stock holding whilst increasing the availability and amount of stock..

I am totally shocked that the RAF do not appear to be subscribing to manufacturer service bulletiens, AD's and current manuals, Civi wise you would be grounded. It's a recipe for disaster and those withholding them for any reason, financial or otherwise, are nothing more than common murders if someone dies because of it..... I AM accountable Civi wise if anything happens, it's about time that was carried over into the military hierarchy who are responsible.

Last edited by NutLoose; 14th Aug 2013 at 20:58.