PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proviation customer care problems
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2013, 12:19
weather

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weather - Deep depression looming

I am an accountant now retired living in Spain. Normally we buy through Amazon as they are totally reliable. Occasionally we buy from the UK via other internet suppliers. I wanted a Solar Wireless Weather Station and came across, regrettably, Proviation who supposedly had them in stock. Suppliers to you pilots! (my brother is a pilot) I thought they are probably ok, and £5 cheaper than Amazon!!! Great…..not great…

On 22 July 2012 I placed my order for a Watson Solar Wireless Weather Station. Proviation confirmed the order and, as with all you other punters, they took my money immediately. By 26 July I had heard nothing further so phoned them. No answer! So sent an email asking for a despatch date. By August 2012 still nothing and I was now starting to get worried and it was then I came across this web site!!! That made me even more worried. Eventually I was notified that it had been despatched, but the Tracking number didn’t work. Thankfully it did turn up at the end of August.

The product is guaranteed for 2 years. My weather Station was set up and working well until 16 January 2013 when all the Light readings-UV, Lux and hours of sunshine all became zero. This is not possible up in the mountains of southern Spain. So rang Proviation a number of times and either no answer or message. By 23 Jan. nothing so emailed and phoned many times.Eventually managed to speak to Nick Ross and he agreed to send a replacement for the faulty part. It is now mid-August and still I do not have the replacement part. In this saga there are 43 emails (most unanswered) and scores of attempted phone calls. Nick blamed a chronic shortage of parts and then his supplier. He said he had asked Waters & Stanton to send the part but this never arrived.He then suggested I buy the part from his supplier-www.wsplc.com which turned out to be Waters & Stanton.

By the end of June I was getting nowhere and becoming very frustrated. So I looked at this web site again for inspiration and came across Dave Gittin’s email of 3 October 2012. Eureka- I purchased the Weather Station through Barclaycard. On 15 June I emailed Nick Ross saying send me a replace Weather Station within 7 days or I will claim a refund from Barclaycard. By 27 June still nothing from Nick Ross so I advised him I was putting in a claim to Barclaycard. On 15 July I posted my claim to Barclaycard, with copies of all the emails. On 30 July I phoned Barclaycard to ensure they had received my claim. Not only did they confirm that they had received the claim they advised that a refund had been made the previous day. So for me the cloud had a silver lining, at least I got my money back, but the Weather Station is still not working so I will go and search elsewhere for a solution

I have had a very frustrating year with Proviation. They are absolutely the worst internet supplier I have ever come across and will certainly never use them again. [Unsubstantiated accusation removed] I think the days of Proviation are numbered.