PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2013, 16:55
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Route Thoughts

Have just read the following on different forums, which could affect BHX route ops?

Germanwings - planning an all Airbus fleet from Summer '14 and cutting back on CR9 ops from this winter - how will this affect BHX-DUS and BHX-HAM which are currently CR9 operated?

Hainan Airlines - I am sure BHX must be in talks with Chinese operators as they have so publicly stated that they want a Chinese route. Hainan now have the 787, a possibility for BHX in the future? They fly to TXL, BUD, ZRH and BRU in Europe right now.

Emirates - planning double daily 380 ops from MAN 1st Dec onwards, can BHX take any more squeeze between continued capacity increases at LHR and MAN? I guess cargo helps which I think BHX does quite well on for EK?

Parked up next to the AI Dreamliner on Mon on the EI from DUB, it caused quite a stir amongst fellow pax with lots of camera phones suddenly appearing. It was an impressive sight to be so close up to it, especially as I was one of those who very much doubted it would ever appear (hat already eaten....)