PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging PIC time when carrying certified pilot
Old 14th Aug 2013, 15:45
Odai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys.

Dublinpilot, I doubt they would allow me to log the time as PIC if it were not permissible, but I'll double check just in case. I'm guessing you mean this is something I should check with JCARC, and not the UK CAA?

With regards to your second point, it's something I will discuss with them in more detail - but the guy who told me I can log PIC is a flight instructor with experience teaching at various places in the UK too so I'm guessing he's familiar with JAA/EASA intricacies.

How about the concept of a safety pilot in general, ignoring my own specific situation? Isn't the whole point of a safety pilot that they take over in case of the PIC failing in his duties in some way? I'm assuming it's similar to a skills test - where the candidate is assumed to be PIC unless they do something requiring the intervention of the examiner, in which case they become P/UT.

The following people in Spain also provide safety pilots for hour builders:

SERVICES | Hour Building Spain

I think my situation would be almost exactly the same - except that the provision of a safety pilot is additionally mandated due to local law as opposed to just as a result of lack of experience with local operational procedures.

Last edited by Odai; 14th Aug 2013 at 15:46.