PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Discrimination
Thread: Discrimination
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2003, 20:40
PPRuNe Pop

I made it quite clear at the beginning of this thread that I would watch to see if racism or politics came in to the debate. It was fine for a time now we are starting to get techy. As in purr's post.

Just let us take a little look at this word discrimination - the title of this thread. Has anyone ever NOT come up against it in some form or another? I very much doubt it. It is now almost a fact of everyday life, and it probably will be for evermore as different cultures intermingle more and more.

The inevitable consequence is that it is difficult to accept. Fair enough, but it will not alter the fact that discrimination is with us, and it is here to stay. Problem is, the more it happens the more people get their backs up. Again, it is inevitable.

As far as the airline industry is concerned. We see the problem of nationals being chosen above others while the "others" feel left out. While nationals feel that their jobs are theirs alone. That happens in the UK too. As some on this thread have said. There is some very bad examples of discrimination.

I can see no reason why the thread should not continue, but please keep your angst and your opinions under control. Advice or help for those who experience a problem is what is needed.

PPP