PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue hiring
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2013, 12:19
PlayNice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slightly off the mark ad-Astra

VOZ withheld Staff travel from all employees until the pilots gave up business class to the sim. No bargaining just.....give it up. After some common sense by the company and pressure from the pilots the rest of Skywest and some pilots now have staff travel but a large percentage have decided not to give their CA conditions until a proper discussion can be held at negotiation time. Oddly the pilots have already been paxing in Virgin aircraft in economy against their CA out of good will the last 2 years. However If you believe doing a long haul flight in economy and having 10 hours off before going into the sim is ok then that is fine but most pilots don't, hence the need for proper discussion

Regardless of when, where and if the sim arrives in 12 months some training will still need to be done overseas due to the large volume of pilots the company has and will have. So as I said above discussion is required to ensure fatigue is managed and pilots jobs are safe.

As far as group seniority goes it really isn't on the priority list, most pilots are concerned with many other larger issues that need to be sorted before this.

Misinformation on this forum and the crew room helps no ones cause (pilot or company).

Now I'm retreating back to being the occasional reader never poster I should be.