PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 14th Aug 2013, 12:04
contacttower118.2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have heard very good things about Airways, definitely in the top modular schools.

Just something else to add to this debate as I said in the my first post a few pages back - on a more practical note when doing my research the modular schools were often a lot easier to approach, you can usually just schedule an informal meeting with the flight school manager or something quite easily. Most will have a rough idea of where their last ten or so graduates have ended up and how successful they have been, this at least gives a sense of how people are getting on. CTC on the other hand were awful at replying to emails and Oxford while good at replying use sales staff as their primary customer interface which could be a bit frustrating sometimes.

Personally after applying, and failing to get onto, a number of mentored schemes I decided that since I have a PPL and being near to completion of modular ATPL theory continuing with modular is probably the best thing for me. Everyone's situation is different...

If someone starting from scratch with average motivation and industry knowledge though came to me for advice I would point them in the direction of CTC...with the obvious risk assessment highlighted...

Last edited by contacttower118.2; 14th Aug 2013 at 12:15.