PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging PIC time when carrying certified pilot
Old 14th Aug 2013, 11:22
Odai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Logging PIC time when carrying certified pilot

Hello,

I am currently looking at CPL hour building having gained my PPL earlier this year. Out of those hours, I have been looking into doing around 15 out of Amman, Jordan - in addition to being a great experience flying in another country, I have family there and visit regularly.

I have found a club there that may be able to offer a decent rate. However, the issue is as I do not have a Jordanian passport, I cannot get the Jordanian Civil Aviation Regulatory Commission to issue a Jordanian PPL on the basis of my EASA one. Otherwise, I am told the process is easy.

As a result, I will not be able to fly completely solo - I will need to carry a 'certified pilot' (safety pilot). They made it clear that I would still be logging any time as Pilot-in-Command, and they appear to have good knowledge of EASA regulations.

Does the UK CAA permit pilots to log time as PIC when carrying a safety pilot (in this case would be a CARC certified flight instructor), assuming the pilot is the sole manipulator of the controls?

I haven't had a look through CAP 804 yet but I thought I'd ask here too anyways.

Apologies also if this is in the wrong forum, wasn't sure whether to post here of the commercial training one.

Thanks

Odai.