PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beware folks: VietJet playing a scam
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2013, 08:24
HornetDrvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I did work at AMK, and we had more MELs than in the States - we also had a lot of maintenance induced air emergencies. Unfortunately, you apparently have yet to work for an outfit, who in order to cut corners they decide not to spend money on things like maintenance. Don't think it can happen at Vietjet??? Just wait until they fall on hard times and can't pay the bills anymore or the inherent Vietnamese greediness takes over, and with the recent addition of a certain Les Stephens (former AMK COO) at Vietjet, I have absolutely no doubt he will make such things a reality for you.

And as for aviation authorities "breathing down" necks, just wait until they don't fix your airplanes anymore, the CAAV cites the company and then it all goes away because they were paid off. Do you hold your life and the life of your passengers so cheaply???? Rules in aviation are there for a reason because in all likelihood they were 'written in blood' so to speak.

And yes, YOU ARE WRONG about all AMK pilots coming from ASA or the regionals.

I don't like it and I did leave on a professional level, so I'm way ahead of you, though I do still live there. And as for making more money, ASA and flying RJs, rest assured, my career is going a good deal better than yours I'll venture: I AM making more money as a 737 Captain getting ready for transition to the A330 at a much better company (that I didn't have to pay to work for) than VietJunk or VNA....but thanks for your concern!

Last edited by HornetDrvr; 14th Aug 2013 at 08:43.