PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RTA White Elephant
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2013, 05:46
scandistralian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No system like this will ever work perfectly straight away and the impact of ATC/Wx etc. would surely have been accounted for. Given that it is only in its infant stages of implementation, feedback and time should help develop the systems effectivity. The main thing is at least there is some co-ordination which is better than none, there seems to be no issue at all transiting VABF/Muscat, I have had a few flights lately in peak arrivals with only a short vector at BUBIN to join the "trombone/tour of Dubai".

Remember over time, with increased EK movements and the relocation of operators to DWC, this will become more and more beneficial. And to the todlers that get cranky when told to slow down and arrive 2 mins later, sit back have a cup of coffee and pull your head in, your in charge of a multi million dollar aircraft and 100's of lives, surely there are more important things to focus your attention on.

I believe they have recruited some sort of ATC co-ordinator, who I guess would have factored this sort of occurrence into the system.
Or based on one experience you could just dismiss the whole system, because surely you know better than the experts.

Any chance of this heading over to Fly Dubai also?