PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 14th Aug 2013, 03:21
Paxi_R6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smart guy,

"If my parents are willing to pay Intergrated why should consider modular"

Sorry pal if you ever get to an interview for a cadetship with pilots in the room they will dismiss you rather quick in my opinion. Very immature, You should consider the costs it's not cheap and putting your parents at such a big risk and should not be taken lightly if they're millionaires and can throw money around go Intergrated at CTC get few hundred hours on an A320 then try find a job "At an airline who likes hiring intergrated students" Guess what they're not hiring Plus how many people have gone through CTC have type rating with few hundred flexi hours too, Guess what then you go for a job they're going for the same one! So all in all the experience you gain is at value but consider who you're going up against guys who are typed with more hours etc.

As for Aer lingus hiring guys from FTO without advertising is talk.
Friend of mine modular student had an interview last time round missed the interview due to work FR who he was only working for a few weeks! (EI changed the interview day and couldn't get the day off..) I've met and talked too few pilots who went modular, EI take modular few from PTC when it was around most them had experience else where like majority of airlines look for an ATPL holder with Mutli crew experience.

Ryanair will always look for external candidates, A story on the FTE merged "Friend of mine graduated, Had an assessment with FR he failed the assessment has no current job and has a loan of 1k a month to pay back" don't be fooled by FTOs if you think you've a better chance of getting a job intergrated your greatly mistaken, Everyone gets THE SAME LICENCES just some people pay way over the odds for them..