PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: CASA Regulatory Reform
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2013, 21:47
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Point 05 hiatus.

We do seem to have some areas of uncertainty in a couple of safety sensitive areas like aircraft maintenance and flight and duty rules. There is also a whisper of bent rules floating about on the legality of some of the 'proposed' changes. All most confusing Then there is a story that the Sleepy Hollow men will be conducting 'one on one' briefing with selected chief pilots, to explain the new part 145, which, if true seems passing strange to me; chief engineer, sure but the CP??. Clue – anyone??

I hate this piecemeal, drip feeding of 'new' rules. Publish the bloody things; allow some time to get thing sorted; allow a period of no prosecution to settle things down – then bugger off and let us get on with it. I still reckon old age and booze will carry me off before the great "regulatory reform" limps home.

Jabba # 15 – "Sub contract the entire regulatory function to the kiwi's. They seem to do much better, and the USA always gets the "American" label as being bad for you. So if we took $200M over 10 years and invested it in NZ would that not be good for both countries?"
Tim Tam for Jabba....