PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2013, 20:04
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shane: Great to see these shots from Hughesdon's garden party and, in particular, Peter Wilson.

Pete Wilson visited our family home numerous times in the company of my godfather and was a likeable man. Always friendly, engaging and highly accommodating of youngsters continually peppering him with questions about flying.

Together with my godfather, Peter was one of six pilots selected from the Army to learn to fly helicopters and their careers were closely intertwined with Peter joining my godfather at the Airborne Forces Experimental Establishment at RAF Beaulieu in 1946 and similarly, after the disbanding of the AFEE, moving on to the Aeroplane and Armament Experimental Establishment at Boscombe Down. Thereafter they both went on to join the Bristol Aeroplane Company where my godfather was project pilot on the Bristol Sycamore and in which programme Peter was also involved.

I should love to hear from anyone who knows a little about Peter's post-military career.

The late Peter Wilson (1920-2010)

I should not like to disappoint my late godfather, having posted RAF and Navy Gazelles, by failing to present an Army offering and which, in this case, comes with the courtesy (again) of Martin Pole:

Army SA341B Gazelle AH1 XW885 as seen at Knook Camp, Wiltshire in 1982 (Photo: Martin Pole)

Also present were; XZ313, XZ338, XX403, XZ333 and XZ318.