PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proposal for a Mil history/nostalgia thread
Old 13th Aug 2013, 19:34
NutLoose

Received 3,047 Likes on 1,287 Posts
But I do see ralphmalph's point; I started a thread asking what people thought about the new style of the RAF Club website, but it was immediately hijacked by the usual suspects. So I deleted it as it was probably just boring everyone...
Damn it has gone i was probably one of your suspects..

I was looking fwd to the report from the contributor that was going to stay at the Victory Club, I hadn't realised I could still use it to be honest, last time I visited it was while serving and it failed to meet my expectations, it looked a 1000% improvement... I did mention the RAF Club, though I do think the name is wrong as it does NOT cater to the RAF, simply a small portion of it.
To be honest the new website seems to be aimed at bringing in everyone but the RAF, it is mainly aimed squarely at Corporate and Wedding parties.... I do not know how that effects those serving or retired using the facilities, but it must have a detrimental effect on as to what's available to those staying.

As for the nostalgia thread, well there is already one on the site and with the diminishing returns in manning levels as said by the Moderator, a couple of years from now there will be no one left in here.

Last edited by NutLoose; 13th Aug 2013 at 19:40.