PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proposal for a Mil history/nostalgia thread
Old 13th Aug 2013, 19:14
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MPN11,

It's the "Fly" bit and "keep the aircraft flying" that seems to be an "itch in the craw" of the OP. I can't vouch for your good self, but I have none of the current qualifications required. And in that respect, his observation should be acknowledged for what it is, a simple statement of fact and a plea to bring the forum back to eligible members only. Sorry if it sounds a bit OTT, but he has a point, several others have cast nasturtiums and I think it's worthy of discussion, decisions and action. That's how grown ups do it.

Smudge

A small addendum.

I joined this forum after spending months reading a thread called "Did you fly Vulcans". I never flew them, but did work on them a bit, and have (or had) a Q- AVUL-A on my docs. I was spellbound by the stuff those bloody fly boys used to do with the end product of my grafting, and I never knew the half of what my labour on that fleet was done for. I, probably like many ex Groundcrew can read stuff like that all day, but to interact with the people who did it, ask pertinent questions etc is a real bonus. Since joining this forum I've always appreciated people's tolerance of what sometimes may appear to be a stupid question, none have ever said that though. Finally, in the past few months, and through my activity on the forum I have reconnected with several people who I had the honour, and pleasure to serve with years ago, that's priceless.

Last edited by smujsmith; 13th Aug 2013 at 19:26.