PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proposal for a Mil history/nostalgia thread
Old 13th Aug 2013, 18:59
MPN11

Received 146 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by smujsmith
Military Aircrew. A forum for the professionals who fly the non-civilian hardware, and the backroom boys and girls without whom nothing would leave the ground. Army, Navy and Airforces of the World, all equally welcome here.
So, unless my reading glasses have fogged over through fumes from the brandy and/or cigar smoke … you don't actually have to be a pilot to post here? (Within reason, of course).

Hmmm … so why is the Forum called Aircrew? Is that the 'back room' in the aircraft, or the 'back room' on the Unit? (Sorry, long-time Staff Officer moment there, please excuse me )

PPRuNe is, IMO, whatever it is at any moment in time. Like the Army Rumour Service, which goes through the same regular navel inspections (I left RumRation).

We, whoever we are/were, should surely be an inclusive Community? Or is it it a case of "You haven't got 5,000 hours/30 years on <insert type/role> so poke off"?

Is it that hard to keep On Topic, and not talk utter Cr@p? We have Mods who can sort out hiccups as necessary.

Last edited by MPN11; 13th Aug 2013 at 19:00.