PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STS-107, Chronicle Of A Disaster Foretold?
Old 9th Mar 2003, 18:26
DrSyn

Man of the Marsh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a plethora of information on the web relating to the cause of this accident, some of it rather poor. As is usual, the official sources tend to be rather slow in updating. Some of the most erudite and current info is being supplied by a few of the US press sites, presumably "close to sources". I thought it would be helpful to those interested if I posted links to the ones that appear to have an educated grasp of the disaster.

Houston Chronicle

This site seems to pick up on the latest developments rather well and in good detail. Further to my earlier post, they published an update (ex- LA Times!) on the possible RCC theory yesterday evening, which places possible damage right up at sections 1/2.

Orlando Sentinel

Not quite as prolific as the Hou Chron but well informed. In particular, they published some excellent graphics in the first weeks, which provide some splendid pictures of the structures that have been discussed on this thread. A must for pilots who find text descriptions tedious to fathom! Some talented artists there, among which the name Ingrid Pecca seems to feature often.

An interesting article relates to safety recommendations that are already being looked at. Relevant to OVERTALK's earlier post.

CBS News

This site contains some excellent articles and seems to be on the ball all the way. Worth monitoring.
--------------------------------------------------------------

I won't mention those that might have been expected to be at the front, but have rather lost their impetus recently. There is a surprising lack of currency at certain sites which are normally as close to the action as it gets

I hope this is helpful to Space-PPRuNers. Please post any others you think useful.