PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First impressions of Virgin as a PAX
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2003, 18:09
High as a Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There will always be people who prefer BA to VS and vice versa.

However as a Senior Flight Attendant with Virgin Atlantic I feel I must respond to some of the comments that have been made here.

Firstly, I have never flown with a crew member I would describe as scruffy. We have very high grooming standards and regular checks are made to ensure they are being adhered to.

Secondly, to say "the attitiude of the majority of the operating crew was one that I knew my way out and that was that" is VERY offensive. We undergo an intensive six week initial training course covering all aspects of safety. Every time we report for a flight we have to answer safety questions in order to be allowed to operate. In addition every year we are required to sit exams in order to retain our licence. If you care to ask a crew member a safety related question, you will discover that they know a lot more than just the way out.

Finally, the Orlando flights do tend to be one of our busiest and there are unique challenges which means sometimes the service has to be adapted. Arranging the distribution of 150+ child meals to name but one!