PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Questions
Thread: A320 Questions
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2013, 16:05
rudderrudderrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Speedwinner,

1) Originally the autopilot could not cope very well with full speedbrake.
See ------ OAVIAO.COM ------> The A319 autopilot is now able to cope with the pitch rate change, but apparently it has still not been solved for A320.

2) During refuelling with the centre tank fuel pumps selected on and auto, a software glitch allows the pumps to run. With no fuel in the tank, the pumps can become unprimed which has led to having about 200 kgs of unusable centre tank fuel. Problem can only be resolved by re- priming the pumps by putting about 500 kgs into the centre tank.

3) The brake cooling fans allow quick turn arounds and be ready for take off with the brakes below 300C (limitations).

4) Airbus state the procedure for minimum stopping distance on wet runways. Depending on runway length, braking action etc. you may be able to use idle reverse. (Our SOP)

5) I prefer EPR. If I needed 1.2 EPR on the approach with 2 engines, the I'd need 1.4 EPR with only 1 engine. EPR is very intuitive.

6) If NAV position accuracy (on the progress page) is outside limits, then you have to request a re-clearance (radar heading or use VOR etc).

Last edited by rudderrudderrat; 13th Aug 2013 at 16:39. Reason: Format and extra text