PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Durham Tees Valley
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2013, 07:52
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I visit DTV for work at least a dozen times a year between the end of September and end of January (medium sized twin rotary, or large biz jet) I go fairly often between times in my own aircraft. Always a warm welcome. ATC are superb and the ladies at Weston Handling couldn't be more helpful and are well worth their handling fee. Local taxi is mighty useful and always reliable (Willy the driver)

Weston sort all my hotel bookings and always get a better rate than I can direct and that saves most of my handling fee (on the helo anyway)

If I'm working I normally have a day off locally between flights and there is a lot to see and do.

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned self-handling, don't bother, DTV security are VERY keen when you try to get back to your aircraft (all facilities are in the main terminal) Last time I tried self handling at DTV it was a Saturday night in October, we were due to be the last aircraft to leave and we had the full shoes off nausea and bag search when trying to get 4 crew, in uniform back to the aeroplane parked just outside (empty leg, no pax and a tight slot into Paris). There used to be an utter numpty who posted on R&N about how much he enjoyed screwing crews around, turned out he was a DTV "Security Operative" his modus operandi seems to have been absorbed by others there.

One of my favourite regional airports and a great place to go.

SND