PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - average time to finding work? - Please complete
Old 7th Dec 2001, 14:09
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 226 Likes on 87 Posts
I am actively trying to help out some self sponsored Jerez graduate ex-students of mine. Basically they are not getting responses from CV's sent to airlines. Nobody small is hiring and with no experience they are finding no flying school is willing to take them on as FI's apart from one chap who was already friendly with the owner.

Most are diving off into whatever best paid work they can find, some have tried airport ground jobs but these are also being cut back. One or two are attempting to go the Cabin crew route and the low costs are hiring in that area. Its difficult though because the Charters are laying off lots of cabin staff who obviously have experience. So far the unemployed low time pilots are finding encouraging noises from cabin crew recruiters - who though wary that these applicants will be away on their toes as soon as the upturn comes - quite like the idea of having cabin crew who can actually fly the plane and might procede from the rear galley to the forward and on up to the flightdeck within the same company.

I would not be suprised if BA started taking its Cadets in again in the Spring with new applications being accepted next Autumn from what I hear inside BA.