PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair: Secrets from the Cockpit
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2013, 02:41
The Grim Reaper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

For the record, RYR PLOG's are not aircraft specific, as with some companies, are not always accurate (you need experience to spot that) and as for the written explanation, sure you can and I personally never had a problem - except for the Base Capt BCN who never accepted any decision to take more than minimum fuel - BUT, and it's a BIG but, if you are a young, inexperienced Capt who has flown for no other airline than RYR and you PERCEIVE that you might just be in trouble, get demoted, have your base changed if you are marked out as a persistent offender, this isn't always the case.
The fear of repercussions in RYR is real. I didn't always say yes and I did take the fuel that I felt was required (and I'm also happy to fly min fuel when appropriate). The end result? I was fired by Brookfield for 'non-compliance' with my contract after refusing to carry out an unreasonable and unsafe duty.
I could afford to do so with the experience level and contacts that I have built up over the years. Not so for the newly qualified 4000hr Capts.

Last edited by The Grim Reaper; 13th Aug 2013 at 02:43.