PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2013, 22:19
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In relation to BA DEP recruitment from 2010 to the early stages of 2012, the MAJORITY were type streamed. Yes, a few non rated went to the 744, but most transferred their ratings. There was certainly a slower uptake of guys with 737 ratings from within the holdpool, with the highest demand placed on those flying the 757/767. A number of non rated DEPs made it through selection however most if not all drowned in the pool alongside the rated guys when requirements diminished as the bmi acquisition was finalised. There was also the question
of the 90 odd FPP cadets that would prioritise any further SH requirements. So besides the few ex-mil guys that were recruited and the non rated 744 intake, most if not all had the necessary rating to my understanding. I was in the last pool, pretty certain everyone has reached their 18 month tenure by now?

Going forward, I would expect future campaigns to hold similar requirements. Saves money and training time. Also may explain why BA have been non committal when asked if they would prioritise previous holdpoolers applications

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 13th Aug 2013 at 13:47.