PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air for expats
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2013, 21:12
cediazf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 Banger. As the pilot who started this thread, I did it with the main intention to warn those who were required to pay for their type to be admitted and also for others like you to know a little more on what to expect. Unfortunately I found out too late that they don't care on the sacrifice and effort some of us made to be there. It would have been easier and cheaper for them to give me 2 extra OE flights than just dismissing me especially when my record was virtually clean but I supposse it was not meant to be for me. I am still trying to get over it and I eventually will. I was recently hired as a Captain in another airline and things are finally moving forward for me. Having said that, the 747 fleet was one of the best training wise when I was there. The training stories were quite different than the ones from the 330 or the 777. If you are typed on the airplane I am not going to tell you that the training will be all pleasant but you will be in the least troubled fleet if things have not changed. If they have let's hope it's for the best. So, go for it, prepare yourself as much as you can once you are there. Don't sweat it too much right now. Like I said before, once you pass, life is good there and not everyone is bad, like everywhere else there are nice and not so nice guys. They have some really nice people too as you will realize. Also when you go with the type OE is shorter. Go with a positive mind. Best of luck.

Last edited by cediazf; 12th Aug 2013 at 21:14. Reason: spelling