PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - average time to finding work? - Please complete
Old 6th Dec 2001, 18:30
Polar_stereographic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluebaron

Sorry if the replies start going a bit off topic. Not aimed at you specificaly, but for my part just trying to inject a bit of hope. Yes I know there are no jobs out there (ZZZZzzzzzzzzz....), but it will change and it's those with the positive vibes who will be the first in work.

As for the boxes, I can't fill them out really. I looked for a job for a few years (early 90's), but then the family came along coupled with a well paid IT job, I went off the idea.

Well, the situation has changed (particularily IT, plust the family is less demanding), I'm revalidating my licences and will look for something next year.

BTW, I had a BCPL in the days you could get type rated on bigger stuff, but by the time I'd done the 700 hours (and now CPL) and an IR, the goal posts had moved, so I needed to get back to school for the ATPL writtens. Thanks Belgrano for that.

Optimistic? Yes, I need to be. I'll be 41 next year, still got to shell out loads on renewing an MEIR and MCC, and then hope that something comes up in the present climate. Once I get the job, I've got to work out how to support the family on a much reduced income, but I'm working on that as I write.

Funny thing is, I'm more optimistic now than I was 10 years ago.

Watch this space

PS