PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Major breach of security at LGW !!
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2003, 14:40
canadair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so, are we suprised?? what crewmember out there, who flies on a regular basis, from every major airport did not already know this????!!!
I certainly notice, on a pretty much daily basis, situations where this can occur, from catering, to maint. to just about every support service, there is plenty of opportunity, so why do so many act amazed, and call for "prosecution" of the guys that just point it out!!
Maybe it takes something like this to wake people up, because nothing else seems to change the system.
I am quite happy to see that they exposed this in a spectacular fashion, not that it will change anything, there will be all kinds of lip service paid to it, but in a week nothing will have changed.
I have to say, though, that calling for the journo and the driver to be punished is a silly request, in fact that sounds like a typical govt reaction to a problem, " do not address the actual problem, but punish the fellow that exposes it!" that type of attitude and reaction merely will send the message, " if you see something wrong, keep quiet"
I think the underlying frustration here, is that no matter how much we as crew, and the public in general would like to ensure that we, and they are completely safe, and there are no voids in security, it is not possible, completely eliminating the possibility of anything or anyone undesireable getting on an aircraft is just not a reality, and there is no point in fooling ourselves into thinking it can be.