PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 12th Aug 2013, 09:31
contacttower118.2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow this thread has suddenly started moving fast...trying to keep up!

Originally Posted by john_smith
No, it's not possible at the moment, and I'd be surprised if it ever is possible. I think that the future of recruitment for most airlines in the UK (including easyJet) is going to be tagged MPL students for the inexperienced end of the scale, with a steady stream of experienced type rated pilots, and a steady trickle of experienced ex-mil/ non type rated civilian pilots. With expansion slowing to a relative crawl, easyJet will not have a significant need for untagged cadets from CTC/ OAA etc.
You know I have always wondered whether there might be some sort of legal case against easyJet for their recruitment policy. I mean if you want to get a first flying job with them you have to do CTC/OAA which usually involves taking out a large loan, which these days means having unmortaged value on a UK property. Obviously not everyone has this which is effectively, tagged or not, is a bar on people who are financially less fortunate. Surely this is a form of discrimination.

Originally Posted by sapco2
I hope this helps guys!
Thank you, great post...