PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2013, 06:22
frfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't get me started on exchange rates onboard aircraft. Ryanair are one of few EU airlines that accept small EUR and GBP. Most I have flown go to minimum 50c etc. Flying Thomson Airways last summer I was disgusted when my £4 order came to something like €7 - outrageous.

Ryanair's onboard exchange rate appears to be between 0.85-0.90 for gbp, seems pretty close and it is variable changing every few months in line with the market, last week I bought a bounty and it was 90p or €1.

Crew are encouraged to be fair onboard. Receipts issued to all pax in order to show passengers a breakdown of their order.

This whole issue of trying to squeeze revenue out of change is not unique to ryanair. Every time I walk into WHSmith or Superdrug I am hassled for chocolate bars, stamps and top ups when I pay for a paper. Don't think it makes ryanair a terrible company for asking crew to drive sales by suggesting products that match the change - it's just smart business. Every service provider does it, from bars to restaurants and now airlines.

Last edited by frfly; 12th Aug 2013 at 06:24.