PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Africa (2011 onwards) part 3.
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2013, 01:03
B200Drvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why go and get a degree first? He wants to be a pilot, not an engineer. Do Doctors need and engineering degree before becoming Doctors or do Engineers need a Doctors degree before becoming Engineers?
Everybody keeps telling young pilots to get a degree as a "backup" but please listen to me when I tell you, that after 10 years of having a degree and no experience in that field because you have been as pilot, IT IS WORTHLESS!!!
Don't waste your time with a degree unless you want to fly for fun and work in your field of study.
Do some more instruction, do a convex on a 206,207 and/or 210, get either the C208 or B200 in your log book, RH seat is fine, and pack your bags and go and see Africa. I've been there and done it, YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE AND LIFE IS TO SHORT, and when you get to sitting in the RH seat of an B737 going to the same place everyday, you will be so glad you did it too!!

Oh, and by the way, a college degree is only good in the US, the rest of the world calls it a diploma, and I would rather have my ATP than a Diploma.

Last edited by B200Drvr; 12th Aug 2013 at 01:05.