PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Albanese does nothing on Sydney Airports
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2013, 22:30
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Game on – perhaps?

The Ben Sandilands take on the Daily Telegraph article published on the Plane Talking site makes for interesting reading, as do some of the readers comments. Tough stuff and a potential brawl in the making methinks.

We have all seen Albo's much touted "White paper" used to good effect; it's a great get out of jail card and makes a handy platform for launching nauseating speeches at conferences. Now then, have the 'opposition' got any form of aviation policy at all? The west of Sydney is on a political knife edge, the promise of jobs, business and most importantly reduced travelling time for the punters and all the "good" things a second airport would bring make an enticing election morsel; it's about time 'tuther outfit got busy and put their policy out there. How's about Mr. Truss – any aeronautical tid bits?? The silence is becoming noticeable...

Quotes are cherry picked, mostly because they made me smile...

– which Mr Moore-Wilton as the operator of Sydney Airport knows full well – is that the delegate is Mike Mrdak the Secretary of my department. Mr Mrdak has a number of senior people who then make the decision who he has delegated. So it is at two steps away from myself being the decision maker.
Plane Talking doesn’t really want to be the publisher of campaign transcripts, but the implicit allegations, that the chair of Sydney Airport is totally and mischievously wrong in making quite serious allegations against the Minister responsible for airports are political dynamite.
Which means that any retraction, explanation, apology or reaffirmation of the original claims by Moore-Wilton will be also published here, if they are offered.
If you can find five and a cuppa, it's worth the read.....

Last edited by Kharon; 11th Aug 2013 at 22:39. Reason: More haste - less speed.