PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision) 2
Old 11th Aug 2013, 20:30
suntorytimo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me google that for you

Sorry I couldn't help myself, just a bit of a joke. Information is as below. Generally once you have passed the initial medical you are sorted as long as your eyesight can be corrected adequately. Companies would not frown on poor eyesight as long as it is corrected, I'm pretty sure.

Initial Class 1 (Professional Pilot) Medical Examination | Medical | Personal Licences and Training

Initial Class 1 (Professional Pilot) Medical Examination Eyesight - Eye examination form (MED 162)

Eyesight requirements are listed in the Class 1 Visual Standards guidance material. If you wear glasses or contact lenses it is important to take your last optician’s report along to the examination. An applicant may be assessed as fit with hypermetropia not exceeding +5.0 dioptres, myopia not exceeding -6.0 dioptres, astigmatism not exceeding 2.0 dioptres, and anisometropia not exceeding 2.0 dioptres, provided that optimal correction has been considered and no significant pathology is demonstrated. Monocular visual acuities should be 6/6 or better.