PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 11th Aug 2013, 16:37
contacttower118.2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you print me a copy with the statistics of the modular schools and the integrated ones from CAA or a ministry or something, that states integrated is the way to go, then ill will start believing everything OAAs CTCs and FTEs website say about their statistics.
Well there are no statistics that "prove" anything either way. You probably could compile something reasonably accurate with a combination of CAA, airline and flight school data but it would an enormous task. Nice project for someone who has a spare few months perhaps?

The only things I know is that doing my own research I have come to the conclusion that to get a large operator job integrated is better. I was even told this by a current wide body captain who came up the self improver route many years ago.

gpiper you can rail against CTC all you like and yes I agree there have been some very uncomfortably long hold pool waits but I do not think that anyone can honestly argue that for people in the financial position to go integrated it is better to go modular. If you say your friend is in the ATP pool then that is completely different from the Wings one and you cannot compare the two because Wings gets priority (another reason to go integrated I guess...). I say that as someone who is seriously considering the ATP route and have psychologically and financially prepared myself for the wait.

I mean come on you can't honestly believe that CTC is just a pack of lies? About 60% of Monarch's entire flight crew came through CTC and more than 1500 pilots from CTC have gone to easyJet over the years of their relationship.

I have been reading PPRuNe since 2006 now and this modular/integrated debate never goes away. There always does seem to be a disproportionate number of modular students who go on about how much money they have saved but a lesser number actually report getting jobs. Sure I can think of many that have at Loganair, Flybe, Jet2 and of course dear old Ryanair but my impression is that the attrition rate of failure to 'realise the dream' is higher for modular and the time take to get there eventually is longer.

At the end of the day people just have to decide on what they want to do. There are those who come on PPRuNe because they have an axe to grind, there are those who come on to try and reassure themselves about the decisions they have made and there are those who come with a genuinely open mind. I have tried to be the latter of those and I have reached a conclusion. I encourage others to do the same...

Last edited by contacttower118.2; 11th Aug 2013 at 16:38.