PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 11th Aug 2013, 14:06
smartguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you really think having completed flight training at an integrated school will get you a job?
I know what your saying but I really can't understand how ctc can say that they have placed 100% of their cadets, even with a long wait, if you fly for 8 months with easyjet and get a type rating surely that will be of massive help for continuing with your career. I can't understand how that fact can be false!?

I think the numbers are 85% modular, 10% integrated, 5% wannabe farts
It's because the majority of integrated students are now in flying jobs and the majority of modular students are on this forum looking for help as they can't find jobs.

Of course I will try and get on a cadet scheme, however I do still believe that an untagged integrated course gives you a slight advantage over a modular course, as contacttower118.2 said, the airlines like to take integrated students as it is easier for them. I also agree with contacttower118.2 when he said that integrated gives a better school-like atmosphere which I would prefer as it is similar to university and gives you people to revise with and,I think , it will give you a better chance in getting the best marks in exams

work your way up the ladder, like all the 30 year experienced pilots did
If you go to the cockpits of BA planes and ask how they were trained, the majority will say integrated, a small percentage will say military and a small proportion will say modular. If you look at the employment statistics from oaa over the last 20 years and a modular school over 20 years, oaa will have absolutely loads more students who have found employment with big airlines than the modular school.

Integrated does give you a slight advantage if you want to become a pilot at a big airline quickly! -surely that is just a proven fact!