PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 11th Aug 2013, 10:37
gpiper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with what 119.35 said. If you made up your mind and you believe that integrated is a better choice than modular, then go integrated. Things to consider since you began arguing about this topic from the first day you joined PPrune, structured modular is now available by some schools, all of them highly recognized and reputable, takes less time to complete than integrated, and it includes MCC as well which is what most airlines require now, not to mention that anyone who attends such a school finishes with MORE hours than a student who finished at an integrated school and most importantly with LESS MONEY. Also in an integrated school, you will pay more, have less hours (not the best thing if you are looking for a big shiny jet job), you get all your licenses at the end of training(if you make it), and you don't get a PPL license. Lastly and most importantly, an Integrated school will help you if they want to, get a job by putting you in the the holding pool which you paid for it, and you might stay there from 1 to 3 years because most of their airline partners now stopped hiring and expanding, god knows for how long. Lastly, now that all the airlines expect from you to pay for your type rating, for me at least it's all about dignity. You pay all this amount of money knowing that other people don't have money to eat, don't have money to send their children to school, because you suddenly had the feeling that you wanted to be a pilot as quickly as possible. Well my friends, there isn't such a thing as fast route, you need to work your way up the ladder like everyone did, like all the 30 year experienced pilots. Integrated ads and bull..... are nice and good, but not true. So all in all, going modular, then doing an instructors course, get some hours, and then apply for a job, is the full proof route if you are not in a cadet program.
If all the 2-3 idiots who are arguing with everyone in this thread still believe that the integrated schools are what they used to be, then there is not point looking into this forum because after reading all 27 pages, I think the numbers are 85% modular, 10% integrated, and 5% wannabee farts.