PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 11th Aug 2013, 08:37
smartguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Packo1848 and UberPilot, thankyou for the advice. I haven't completely made my decision, I am still looking round lots of different integrated AND modular. But when i have been talking to the airline recruitment managers they have ALL told me that it would be preferred if I go integrated.

might include a 6-18 months wait
And you think that you will be able to become a pilot at a large airline in that time period if you go modular?

119.35, sorry but isn't a flexicrew contract flying an a320 better than being a flight instructor earning £15 an hour?

You also say a lot bad things about integrated in 4 years time...Do you think modular is going to change aswell? No. In 4 years time all the big airlines will still say they prefer integrated students. When I finished my degree I also wanted to go on a gap year and if I go integrated I will be able to go to New Zealand or Arizona for a year and do pilot training at the same time which is a big selling point.I also believe integrated is a better atmosphere for pilot training, with a group of people you know well. Most of the money is available to me so I would only have to take out a loan for the cost of a modular course, so without having to take out a 100k loan it wouldn't be so risky so that's why integrated is winning my 'integrated vs modular' decision