PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR to EK
Thread: QR to EK
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2003, 10:31
ekatehtnohsabuD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The official line from EK is.......This appears to be no official agreement but there appears to be an unofficial one regarding cabin & flight crew. However I understand the dwarf has his spies in EK recruitment who report back anyone who has applied in any position. As for non crew positions it isnt clear altho I understand if EK wanted you they would take you regardless. However, becauseQR have such a bad reputation in the area, I'm not sure if working for QR is good for your career or not! Of course you'll only know when you try to leave (I'm looking forward to it).

Of course the Bouncer has certainly missed the point by a mile when of course the art of keeping the staff isw related to competitive pay & conditions, motivating staff etc and not trying to get them to sign stupid ammenments to contracts (that are only legally binding in Qatar) to stop you from working for other gulf carriers, pathetic things like stopping discount on drinks at the hotels etc. But Hey, you can't tell some people.

Even the UAE nationals I know at EK have a particularly low opinion of QR, and AAB is thought of as a joke! At least someones got it right!