PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ground collision YMML - Virgin/Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2013, 02:05
parabellum
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From an email earlier today

"TheJetstar aircraft was holding about 10 metres short of the gate becauseeither there was no marshaller present or the aero bridge wasn't positioned.

Directlyopposite (behind it) was the Virgin 737. It's gate is a little difficult topush from because the aircraft is up against the wall.

Virginhaven't used Engineers to push out their aircraft using Power Push Units for awhile. They use TA's now. I can't understand how the person operating the PPUon the Virgin aircraft wouldn't have sited the Jetstar aircraft behind him.

Evenso with Jetstar having it's red beacons on the push shouldn't have commencedfor the Virgin aircraft until Jetstar has extinguished his beacons which wouldhave meant he was at the gate and not holding short.

Oneof our other push out drivers was in the tug waiting to push one of ourcustomer's aircraft at the time. He told me that he didn't hear the Virginaircraft call up for his push clearance when the incident happened."

Regarding insurance, the airports insurance cover will also be involved but judging by the amount of damage caused it could well come within the respective airlines excess/deductible.