PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar 787 smoke
Thread: Qatar 787 smoke
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2013, 21:12
peakcrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@olasek: .My reasoning is set out in my previous post - where is yours? I've seen your other posts on this topic; you genuinely seem to think the 787 is Boeing's gift to the world, and any concerns are petty. You refuse to see any other point of view, and come across as defensive - that is why I say that apologists aren't helping the situation. Defensiveness is often caused by covering up knowledge and/or fear (though I accept that sometimes righteous indignation can look like defensiveness).

I don't know your background, nor why you are so aggressive when people like me express doubts about a plane that KEEPS SHOWING SMOKE WHERE NONE SHOULD BE!! Sorry for shouting, but it is a really important point that should not be brushed under the carpet. So yes, I do think full information on the cause and damage of the smoke on this aircraft should be made public. Firstly for the benefit of users, so they (we) can make informed decisions about what to fly on, and secondly for the benefit of confidence in the companies concerned. It would look much better if the information is given openly, rather than being leaked - and, as someone mentioned above, this is news across the western world and so of interest to a far greater number of people than here.* Whether you like it or not, this is something that is tainting the reputation of what should be a fine aircraft, and this current lack of information just feeds suspicion (which Airbus execs will be making use of ...)

*By the way, contempt for people posting on here shows arrogance.

Last edited by peakcrew; 10th Aug 2013 at 21:19.