PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career In Avaiation - What's the best way?
Old 10th Aug 2013, 19:16
gasax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks or the comment Pace - how come your son, whom you are doubtless very proud, did not post? Could it be he sees them only as a stepping stone?

I know two guys who work for the LOCOs, they are of a certain age and have the huge disadvantage (as seen by their employer!) of having worked for in the their terms 'proper airlines'. Their view of LOCOs is much less than flattering, they largely hate answering to 'managers' who still have spots and communicate by email or text.

Such is working for the Locos.

I would certainly accept that the best a degree will get you is an interview. Pray tell how you are going to get a half decent job without even getting to the interview? If there is a method of doing that then I'd love to pass it on to my daughter who is in a similar sort of position. Having said that at least she texts in English....

So she is going to get a degree, her career choices are much more open because of that. Hence if her plans change then it is not the end of the world. My own career has essentially three distinct elements, which is in no way unusual, the key is not to pigeon hole yourself into something where there are no other options. If you do that the only way out is down - in terms of money, aspirations and satisfaction