PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career In Avaiation - What's the best way?
Old 10th Aug 2013, 13:44
flyelmoair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give it a rest people!

Give him a break folks!!! He's not applying for a job through this RUMOUR NETWORK!! I'm sure if he was writing a CV or cover letter he'd give greater care and attention!

I always wanted to pursue a career in aviation and chose not to at a younger age. So I joined the RAF, got some great life experience, matured a lot quicker than I would've working in Tesco, gained some valuable contacts in the industry and gained a lot of aviation related experience in the branch I chose. And now I'm at a time in my life where I'm older, bolder, wiser, more mature, and financially stable to undertake modular training.

If I, after completing modular training, apply for an airline job it will shine through in how I present myself at the interview as to how suited i'll be for the job. Not by how many years I sat in a classroom at Uni and how many degrees I have coming out of my rear end.

Do what you want to do! Research as much as you can by trawling through this RUMOUR NETWORK for people's perceptions on the aviation industry and what's best to do. The internet is filled with websites detailing people's experiences and routes into that dream job. I've spent the last 4 years looking through various different routes and only just feel comfortable undertaking it all. Mummy hasn't helped me, daddy certainly hasn't helped me, it's all me, all my own determination.

All the best Pilot94, just don't rush into anything!

(Standby for know-it-all's to correct some grammatical errors, time wasters!!)