PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish pilots kidnapped in Beirut
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2013, 12:09
GF4RCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

I've just read that THY fly direct into Mogadishu... from my limited experiences that's possibly the last place on earth I'd want to spend a night.
No they THY fly via Djibouti. The crew layover in Djibouti and then do a JIb-MGQ-JIB-IST.

Ottoforce:
Sorry to hear the news BUT Turkish flies to many risk destinations with no regard for personnel security.
Mogadishu,Sanaa,Tripoli, Benghazi and a host of others where there are no guarantees of safety and in fact Governments warn of the risk of going to them.
It seems THY don't have a risk assessment dept, if they do they have no regard for the actual risk just for operating the flights.
Duos any body know if insurance is valid in these placis.
so all the other carriers flying to BEY are reckless and have no regards for the crews safety nor the people travelling there with their families value safety for their loved ones??????

On contrary to what some are implying here, THY has a risk assessment department and hence organise the operations relative to the risk... to make such an accusation that they put lives at risk with no regards is abit unfair, especially if you have limited knowledge on what goes on behind the scenes.

lets all hope our fellow aviators are reunited safe and sound with their family and loved ones soon.