PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proviation customer care problems
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2013, 09:22
Jonzarno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given all the hoo hah here about this company, I thought it might be interesting to find out exactly what scale of business it is. For that reason I have looked at their published accounts.

They appear only to have filed one set of accounts, dated 29 February 2012 which shows a dormant nontrading company with assets of £100. The only director listed is Nick Ross who was appointed on 3/2/2012. That suggests that it was a newly established business at that time.

This doesn't necessarily mean much because companies are only obliged to file accounts annually, there is a nine month grace period in which they can do so and a lot may have happened since these accounts were filed.

That said, this does not look like a business of great substance nor does it have an established trading history and it is quite likely that the credit control departments of their suppliers, who will use these accounts to make credit decisions, may be reluctant to give them credit.

If that is the case, it does suggest a couple of obvious potential reasons why deliveries and refunds may be being delayed.

I don't have a dog in this fight as I'm not a customer and have not had a problem with them myself, but I just thought it worth posting this factual information for others to draw their own conclusions.