PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2013, 15:27
P330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Douze...

From zero to douze in 4 posts....I like it.

David...the example you give is the perfect analogy. One thing that MME is right now is small....that means if it chooses a change, invest and adapt strategy, it is more agile and able to do it. There has to be the will, the vision, the market and the investment to make this happen. Are Peel prepared to do this? Well, they have the money which is usually the scarce resource. They presumably have successful people in their organsiation as they're not a small and shabby outfit. Much of the ingredients *could* be there......

The problem is....most on here want the future to be a bigger, better, passenger airport facility and are upset we're not as big as our neighbours. Sadly, I don't think this will ever happen...or even get close to happening, no matter who our owners are. However...we could become "better" (make more money in P&L terms - this is a business afterall) than our neighbours by being different to them.

We're the corner shop to Newcastle's Tesco. We can't and shouldn't try to compete. Instead, we should turn our corner shop into a "farm" shop; let kids come and grow their own food on our land; sell local produce; play soothing pipe music down the aisles....

I'm off on a tangent....but you get my drift. The future is not looking up the road in envy and trying to beat them....it is something completely different. I just hope our owners are on this track behind closed doors.....and their plans will soon be revealed...