PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2013, 15:09
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Housekeeping

Some responses to past posts:

Chopper 2004: Your shot of the Mac Trucks (aka Bulldog Airways) 212 depicts something of a rarity for while VIP 212's were plentiful in the military and government .. civilian VIP 212's were less common. It would be wonderful to track down some additional images of "Mack XII" as well as the JetRanger. Shall post some military VIP 212's in the days ahead.

Gaseous: Great to see your progress with the 'Bad Kid' (G-BDKD). Please keep us informed about her big day .. when she finally gets to go flying again!

1helicopterppl: Thank you for the link to your photo album, some great shots there. Perhaps Brilliant Stuff could use one of more of them for his monthly calendar? Will use what I can for this thread .. perhaps a couple of the S61's (in particular the Irish Helicopters ship) and maybe one of the Dauphins.

JetRangerJunkie: Thank you for your posts regarding the 206's at Moorabbin as well as details on the Helicopter Utilities FH1100, much appreciated.

RV: Thank God one doesn't have to walk around with those massive car battery 'mobile' phones anymore. I remember David Sale's no.2 lugging such a contraption about Hayes Heliport when they were flying P&O's 365N.

ericferret: G-1234 .. ah yes, remember it well! You'll have to give me a hint of the craft in question next time our paths cross!

MB/FC1: Certainly seems as if Daltrey may have owned a 206 from the comments which have emerged. Re: CB Helicopters .. a couple of their former craft have featured previously on this thread, namely the ex-Ferranti managed G-BBBM which was bought by Michael Coombs in 1984 (who I think in turn leased the a/c to CB) as well as Tommy Sopwith's former steed G-BASE which was registered to the CB Group in 1990 (although to the best of my knowledge, Beaman had been leasing this from Hanson's for some time prior to this).