PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Denethorpe twinprop ops today
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2013, 12:24
Pegpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely no ulterior motive whatsoever. We have happily co-existed with Denethorpe for 23 years and I see no reason why we should not do so for another 23. But as duty dog yesterday I would be failing in my duty if I did not at least try to get the message across to the operators of that SPECIFIC aircraft engaged on a repetitive exercise. To be absolutely precise, the climb out and left turn was over Harrys Park Wood, thence to the south of and following the alignment of Benefield Road back towards the east for the next approach. If that doesn't seem to you to be uncomfortably close - given that we were flying RH circuits on to our 26 given the southerly crosswind component - then fair enough. But don't forget that we were operating not just gliders but also a tug, which was operating on a wider circuit....

Be assured that I have no interest in re-kindling the hoary old gliding V power squabble. Indeed Bose, do drop in sometime and visit us as long as you let us know in advance. The kettle's always on and Lisa does a mean bacon roll.